Working at Heights Training- Deadline Extension
The Ministry of Labour (MOL) has extended the deadline for Working at Heights (WAH) from April 1st, 2017 to October 1st, 2017 with the following specific conditions.
- The worker needs to have completed a fall protection training course before April 1st, 2015;
- The worker must be enrolled in a Working at Heights program that needs to be completed by October 1st, 2017.
In order to meet compliance, the worker or employer must provide proof of fall protection training and proof of enrollment to a Ministry of Labour inspector upon request.
The proof of enrollment MUST include the following:
- Worker’s name.
- Name of the approved WAH training provider.
- Date of the scheduled WAH training is to be completed
- Name of the approved training program
The worker and/or employer MUST ensure the constructor (if applicable) has proof of enrollment available in the event that the Ministry of Labour inspector requests it.
This deadline extension will only be valid from April 1st, 2017 to October 1st, 2017 if the worker meets all requirements listed above; regardless of the expiry date on their existing fall protection training card.
If you have any questions about how these changes will affect your workplace, or need assistance regarding health and safety training in your workplace, call (905)-669-5444. Our team of expert Health and Safety Consultants can provide your organization with the support and guidance needed to meet your occupational health and safety requirements.