Working at Heights Training
Working at Heights is an essential construction workplace training to have for all trades and roles. If the risk of falling is present, that needs to be communicated to all workers. Safety First Consulting will begin with the foundations of working at heights, and then deliver a practical theory to you as we show you real examples and get you to harness up and tie off.
Within this course you’ll learn:
- Rules and Regulations involving working at heights
- Inspecting and dawning a harness
- Travel restraint systems
- Fall restricting systems
- Fall arrest systems
- Safety nets
- When do you use guardrails?
- Work belts or safety belts
This full day course provides participants with the necessary knowledge required to safely work at heights. Fall related deaths and accidents are preventable, and it starts with safety training. Participants will be instructed on how to correctly select, inspect, maintain and use a wide variety of fall protection components and systems, as well as:
- Identification of fall hazards
- Equipment selection
- Understanding anchorage points
- Fall protection systems and components
- Basic energy dissipation principles
- Calculating fall clearances
- Rescue plan importance
- Standards and regulations
- Body support selection and application
- Component inspection and maintenance
Training is valid for three years from the date you completed training, and upon completion of training at our facility, you will receive a wallet card as well as an electronic certificate from Skillspass.
Working at heights refresher training requirements
Working at Heights refresher training is also available and is applicable for workers who were previously certified by a CPO approved training provider. Participants must provide proof of completion of prior training. The refresher course is a ½ day program that includes a short theory component with focus on practical exercises.
Ready to Book Working at Heights Training? Fill out the form below!
Still have a question? Ask an expert (905)-669-5444