All employers covered by the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act (WSIA) must follow the first aid requirements in Regulation 1101. Here are some important requirements to know:
- Workplaces must have at least one employee on-site at all times that has a valid first-aid certificate from a WSIB-approved training organization.
- Employers must cover any costs for first aid equipment and services.
- Employers must inspect first aid equipment at least once every three months.
- First aid stations must be easy to find and near an employee who has a valid first-aid certificate.
- Employers must post the “In case of injury poster (Form 82)”, first aid certificates and kit inspection card in an area that all employees can easily access.
- Employers must keep a detailed record of all incidents and any first aid treatment given.
First aid requirements apply to all employees regardless of their employment status and for all workplaces, including off-site work locations.