Working at Heights
Safety First Consulting Professional Corporation is a Working at Heights Training Provider.
Effective April 1, 2015 workers on construction projects who use the following methods of fall protection must now complete the new Working at Heights program:
- Travel restraint systems
- Fall restricting systems
- Fall arrest systems
- Safety nets
- Work belts or safety belts
This full day course provides workers and supervisors with the necessary knowledge required to safely work at heights and prevent fall related accidents. Participants will be instructed on how to correctly select, inspect, maintain and use a wide variety of fall protection components and systems.
- Identification of fall hazards
- Equipment selection
- Understanding anchorage points
- Fall protection systems and components
- Basic energy dissipation principles
- Calculating fall clearances
- Rescue plan importance
- Standards and regulations
- Body support selection and application
- Component inspection and maintenance
Working at Heights REFRESHER training is also available and is applicable for workers who were previously certified by a CPO approved training provider. Participants must provide proof of completion of prior training. The REFRESHER course is a ½ day program that includes a short theory component with focus on practical exercises.
Refresher training mandatory every 3 yrs for worker to maintain certification validity.
Still have a question? Ask an expert (905)-669-5444