Suspended Access Equipment
Posted On January 4, 2017 6:41 pm
Suspended Access Equipment – Amendments to the Construction Projects Regulation (O. Reg. 213/91)
Effective January 1, 2017 the Construction Projects Regulation will be amended under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) to strengthen and clarify existing requirements relating to the use of suspended access equipment.
Key amendments include:
- Introducing a requirement for the Constructor to notify the Ministry of Labour prior to putting suspended access equipment into service for the first time at a project;
- Introducing requirements for roof plans and site-specific work plans;
- Introducing training requirements for workers who may use or inspect suspended access equipment;
- Enhancing existing design, operational, technical and engineering requirements
- Strengthening and enhancing existing inspection, testing and maintenance requirements by prescribing more prescriptive provisions for the regulated party; and,
- Miscellaneous amendments to clarify certain requirements.
Amendments relating to the use of suspended access equipment will come into force on January 1, 2017. For more information on the amendments please visit the Source Law section of the e-Laws website:
If you have any questions about how these changes will affect your workplace, or need assistance regarding health and safety in your workplace, call 905-669-5444. Our team of expert Health and Safety Consultants can provide your organization with the support and guidance needed to meet your occupational health and safety requirements.
Safety First Consulting Professional Corporation is located in Vaughan, just minutes north of Toronto.