COR™ Services and Assistance
We at Safety First Consulting can assist your company with development and implementation of a health and safety management system that meets the requirements of the Certificate of Recognition (COR™) Program as well as internal auditing. By achieving COR™, your company will be better prepared to demonstrate due diligence and have a greater advantage when bidding on work in the construction industry. Your company will have a proven higher standard for health and safety in the workplace.
Safety First Consulting has also registered for COR™ certification. Currently we are the only safety consulting company registered in Canada. Being engaged in COR™ safety training will give us the tools required to assist your company/firm achieve certification from first-hand experience.
PROGRAM GAP ANALYSIS AND COR™ PROGRAM DEVELOPMENTOne of the most important foundations of the COR™ certification training program is ensuring that your health and safety management system (including internal health and safety program) meets the minimum legislative and COR™ program requirements. We at Safety First Consulting can assist with:
- Conducting a full review (gap analysis) of your existing program, policies, and health and safety management system to determine areas of success and where improvements are required.
- Development of a customized health and safety program that meets the requirements of the COR™ program.
COR™ PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATIONPrior to submitting documentation for external audit, it is recommended to have 12 to 18 months of consistent documentation. We at Safety First Consulting can assist you with:
- Development of company and site-specific documentation
- Implementation of the company-specific COR™ health and safety program
- Employee training and documentation assistance
INTERNAL AUDIT ASSISTANCEPrior to the COR™ certification external audit by the Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA), your company must complete an internal audit on your health and safety program to ensure that you are meeting legislative and COR™ program requirements. We at Safety First Consulting can assist with:
- Collection of documentation for submissions
- Completion of the COR™ Audit Tool
- Preparation for external audit
MAINTENANCE AND MONITORINGCOR™ is an ongoing process that requires consistent maintenance after the successful completion of the external audit and receipt of your Certificate Of RecognitionTM. For the second and third years, additional internal audits must be completed and submitted for review. These audits must be successfully passed in order to receive a Letter of Good Standing and maintain your COR™ status. We at Safety First Consulting can assist with:
- Monitoring completion of internal documentation
- Completing second and third year internal audits
- Annual program review
For more information about our COR™ certification training services, please contact us.
Safety First Consulting Professional Corporation is located in Vaughan, just minutes north of Toronto.